Hypothyroidism is under diagnosed and over estimated. Symptoms of Hypothryoid can begin YEARS before ever appearing on blood work. I myself, having been through the suffering of hypothyroidism , know first hand how symptoms can control your life. Then when lab tests come up "normal" ... you think, now what???
I have taken my diagnosis to fuel my quest to discover that what may be "normal" in labs, is far from a normal way of life.
Being one of the master regulators of body metabolism, symptoms of low thyroid function generate a global response. Symptoms include:
- Fatigue and low energy, with need for daytime nap.
- Depressed, down, or sad.
- Skin that becomes dry, scaly, rough, and cold.
- Hair becomes coarse, brittle, and grow slow.
- Excessive unexplained hair loss.
- Sensitivity to cold in a room when others are warm.
- Difficulty in sweating despite hot weather.
- Constipation that is resistant to magnesium supplementation.
- Difficulty in loosing weight.
- Unexplained weight gain.
- High cholesterol resistant to cholesterol lowering drugs.
Does any of the symptoms below describe you? If so, you need to contact my office to get to the bottom of your situation.
Click here to learn more on how to join Dr. Raman's practice.